Mainstay Food Information:
Our food ration packs are purpose designed for survival situations and produced by a specialist Survival food manufacturer in the USA. This product is called Mainstay 3600 and has a 5 year shelf life. It provides 3 days of emergency food rations for one person and contains all the nutrients required for survival. We have tested this product for both taste and how it may fulfil hunger pangs if no other food is available. See the full test results at the bottom of this page.
Mainstay 3600 attributes
- 5 year shelf life (from date of manufacture)
- Non-thirst provoking
- Withstands temperatures -40 F to 300 F(-40 C to 149 C)
- Ready to Eat: Each package contains 9 pre-measured 400 calorie meals.
- Individualized Portions eliminate the messy breaking-up that occurs with other bars
- Allows for on-land emergency consumption in a high-stress active situation.
- Contains no cholesterol or tropical oils.
- Meets the US Coast Guard standards (160.046/23/0). Its new modern packaging even meets the stringent guidelines set by the Department of Defence (SOLAS 74/83).
- Enriched with vitamins and minerals exceeding the RDA requirements.
- Pleasant lemon flavour which appeals to everyone.
- Mainstay is Kosher and it meets the dictates for Halal
Warning – Check expiry dates when buying emergency food from other suppliers. We guarantee that you get a maximum possible expiry date on all of our food products. We import regularly to keep dates fresh. We have been warned that some suppliers are selling these products with only a year or two shelf life left! Not only does Survive-it have fresh emergency food, we are also normally much cheaper – how do we do that? We are the largest importer of emergency food and because of this we bring it in regularly in bulk and do not sell it if it is older than 6 months from date of manufacture, normally it is well within even this date. Also we will order especially for you for bulk orders so you know it will have the freshest date possible.
Mainstay Water Information:
All water is not created equal!
Survivor Industries have spent years perfecting their Mainstay Water Packets. The final result is a portable product with a five-year shelf life.
Other Key Benefits:
- U.S. Coast Guard Approved
- No Oxygen Transfer (In other words, no chance of bacterial contamination)
- Pre-Measured Packets make the water easy to dispense, and potential for loss is minimized. If a packet is destroyed, only 4.224 ounces (125 ml) would be lost.
- Easy to Transport – just 18 lbs. (8.17 kg) per case of 60 packets.
- No special storage required – it can withstand temperatures from (-40F to 210F)
- (-40C to 99C).
- Very Low Cost.
- No Cups Needed