IF A DISASTER HAPPENED NOW, WOULD YOU BE READY?
Due to its location and environment, New Zealand faces many potential disasters. In some cases, such as weather related or volcanic disaster, there may be time for a warning. However an earthquake or a tsuami close to land could strike without warning.
All disasters have the potential to cause disruption, damage property and take lives. It is therefore vital that you prepare now.
HOW TO GET READY – DISASTER PREPAREDNESS:
- Learn about disasters and how to keep safe:
- Your obligation to get your business ready.
- Create and practice a household emergency plan.
- Assemble and maintain your emergency supplies.
- Have an emergency survival kit in case you have to leave in a hurry.
- Including your pets and livestock.
- Useful first aid information.